My Beach House - The Kitchen

Posted by om 0 comments


 






My bright, light filled sunny kitchen is an absolute pleasure to cook in. 
When I'm chopping vegies and glance up ~ everywhere I look is cliffs and ocean.
My husband's vintage surfboard gets pride of place so he loves the kitchen too!
In order to keep to a tight budget we kept one bench. 
We went over the chipped Laminex benchtop with a 6mm reconstituted stone overlay from Amerind
 and put on new vinyl wrap doors.
This saved us a bomb but it still looks and feels brand new.
The far side bench is all new. 
Things were sharpened up with new appliances and a glass splashback.
The old vinyl flooring was stripped and the boards were polished.
Antique Chinese bar stools add character and stop it from looking too clinical
I now have a dishwasher and a walk-in-pantry,
two things I've never had in my adult life so I'm in kitchen heaven! 

Before the purchase




That's the back of me chatting to the real estate agent at the Open for Inspection









The fun and games of renovating!


Melissah xox

Credits: Matt Lord Photography for Coastal Style Blogspot, moodboard by Coastal Style

Check out Coastal Style Pinterest
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT
Title : My Beach House - The Kitchen
Written by om
Blog Rating 5 of 5
Hopefully this article useful to you. If you wish to quote, either part or all of the contents of this article please include a link to http://galleryoftravel.blogspot.com/2013/11/my-beach-house-kitchen.html. Thank you stopped reading this article.

0 comments:

Post a Comment