I'd love for you to meet our Feature Sponsor...The Nerd Nest!

Posted by om 0 comments

 What is your name and/or business and blog name and your age range...if you'd like to share? (no biggie if not)

Hi! We’re Megan and Jake from the Nerd Nest. We’re 25 and 26, respectively, and we blog about our crafty, nerdy selves and our kiddos, Eliza and Jonas.

What do you do? ...and when did you start?

Megan: We started the Nerd Nest in 2009 as a way to share our family stories, our crafty adventures, and as a companion blog to our Etsy shop. We’ve moved away from selling physical products, and now Jake does a ton of coding work (he’s a master programmer) and I’m a Jane of several trades: work at home mama, scrapbooker, master blogger, and aspiring novelist.

Jake: Over time, our focus really has moved to creating amazing blog content. At the Nerd Nest you’ll find somewhere between six and fourteen posts a week about family, tech, crafts, scrapbooking, reading, photography, and tons of stuff in between!






What/Who are you inspired by?

Megan: I find inspiration everywhere! My favorite places to find inspiration are books, movies, other bloggers, Pinterest, and art. I’ve most recently been inspired by re-reading my favorite books.  However, all of my best ideas seem to come when I’m taking a shower, so maybe hot water is really my muse! (Though more likely it’s just the rare quiet.)


Jake: I’m inspired by puzzles. I’m a problem solver at heart, so most of my great ideas come from brainstorming solutions. For example, my current project is building an affiliate network website (which is technically still a secret), because Megan and our blogging friends aren’t satisfied with the available options for small businesses. Once I have a problem to fix, the ideas start to roll!


Where do you create? home studio? kitchen table? sofa?

Jake: We carved a home office out of half of our master bedroom. That’s where most of the creating happens, but we’ll drag our work to wherever the kids are if we need to!


What are some of your fave movies/shows/bands/music?

 Megan: Ah, there’s too many to list! I’ll name a few we both love off the top of my head:

 Shows - Game of Thrones, Firefly, Friends, Once Upon a Time, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Hell’s Kitchen, Yo Gabba Gabba and The Aquabats! Supershow!

 Movies – Harry Potter, Star Wars, Donnie Darko, Cinema Paridiso, and Fight Club, and anything related to Marvel.

 Bands - Rancid, Fun., Jack Johnson, Deadmau5, Fugazi, Billie Holiday, and Kid Cudi.

Do you collect anything?

Jake: We are big collectors! Some of our favorite collections include vintage Ohio Art globes, books, Pez dispensers, records, camera equipment, and electronics parts.


Favorite art/craft supplies? 

Megan: My absolute favorite craft suppy is the Project Life system by Becky Higgins for memory keeping. It’s revolutionized the way I document our lives. Other than that, it’s impossible to choose! I do too wide of a range of crafts to try to narrow it down.

Jake: My iMac! I do physical art with Megan and am obsessed with photography, but for me, writing code is like composing a symphony. That’s where my passion lies.


Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Megan: Hopefully in a very similar place to where we are now, but without student loans (hah!). There should be another little one in the mix by then too, hopefully.


Three favorite websites/blogs/shops...etc? You can both answer! :)

Jake: Other than Everyday is a Holiday, of course, I’d pick Campfire Chic, Stumble Upon, and Dark Cycle Clothing.

Megan: Jake stole part of my answer! Everyday is a Holiday is one of my favorite daily reads. In addition, I love Elise Blaha Cripe’s blog, Rukristin Papercrafts, and Lemon and Raspberry.


Anything else you'd like to add :)

Thank you so much for reading everyone! Make sure to stop by and say hi, we’d love to meet you!  

...........................................................

Ok, now it's me, Jenny in the non-bold type. Don't you just love The Nerd Nest?! Me and Aaron are big fans. As bloggers, they seriously amaze me. They really do have such varied and interesting content on the regular...and I'm not sure how they manage to pull it off...with the two little ones and all. Me and Aar merely have chihuahuas! But yeah, the little ones...I love every time they show up in a post. In case you missed it...take another glance at the pic with Megan in front of those amazing bookshelves. Ok, now glance to the left, almost out of the frame, to see Jonas doing who knows what...one shoe on, one shoe off! I love it! Megan is the only other person I know besides Aaron who carries around eight pounds of books at all times. And these aren't your garden variety "nerds"...besides the many artful and creative projects, check their food posts...which are fab and just keep getting better since they've started to try to eat mostly locally grown foods.
And Aaron learned something new from this interview...he can't believe how young Meg and Jake are. I mean, they look like tots...but jeez are they some fully formed tots!
Ok, you get the idea...we're big fans of these guys...and totally think you guys should be too. Thrilled to have them as this month's spotlight and I can't wait to see what they do next.

xo, Jenny...and Aaron
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT
Title : I'd love for you to meet our Feature Sponsor...The Nerd Nest!
Written by om
Blog Rating 5 of 5
Hopefully this article useful to you. If you wish to quote, either part or all of the contents of this article please include a link to http://galleryoftravel.blogspot.com/2013/04/i-love-for-you-to-meet-our-feature.html. Thank you stopped reading this article.

0 comments:

Post a Comment