Memories of Bora Bora

Posted by om 0 comments








 


 



 


 




 




Island Paradise in French Polynesia

Well, this is a bit of an indulgent trip down memory lane, this time last year, my husband and I (sans kids) had just arrived on the most beautiful place on earth - Bora Bora a tiny island 1 hour's flight from Tahiti. For years I have wanted to visit Bora Bora and stay in an overwater bungalow. I've seen some pretty amazing  beaches in my time but nothing could prepare me for this tropical paradise. The colour of the water is surreal - in twelve days I still couldn't get used to it or stop taking photos (literally hundreds - thank goodness for digital cameras!). I have desaturated the photos for this post because they looked all a bit touched up and 'fake'! The highlights were the colour of the water and the natural beauty, the friendly locals, snorkelling and swimming in water that was 30 degrees. The luxury accommodation was unsurpassed - we had a three room suite with 2 decks and a glass coffee table that could slide across so you could feed the fish below. You could swim off the lower deck and snorkel amongst colourful tropical fish. The food was 5 star gourmet and I had fun chatting with all the staff in French. The only downside is that it's very expensive but worth every cent and well worth saving for!

Melissah xox

Credits : 12, 15, 19

Check out Coastal Style on tumblr and Pinterest
THANK YOU FOR YOUR VISIT
Title : Memories of Bora Bora
Written by om
Blog Rating 5 of 5
Hopefully this article useful to you. If you wish to quote, either part or all of the contents of this article please include a link to http://galleryoftravel.blogspot.com/2012/05/memories-of-bora-bora.html. Thank you stopped reading this article.

0 comments:

Post a Comment